20 February 2012

What to Watch on the Day of Valentinus

I am not one to watch the romantic film or feel sad for myself on Valentines Day.  In actuality, I don't enjoy celebrating this holiday in anyway shape or form.  But this year, I was sick in bed.  Which means extra time for films!  After scouring my mother's Netflix account, I found the perfect film.  Yes it's about finding a husband, and yes it stars Marilyn Monroe!
How to Marry a Millionaire was the perfect way to spend a sickly Valentines Day.  The film was made in 1953 and with quite a big budget.  I found the trailer quite interesting; CinemaScope uses location (Manhattan, Jet Planes, Ski Slopes) as a means of advertising, rather than the contents or storyline.
The clothes are fabulous and the moral of the story is sweet. 


No comments: